I recently had a pretty bad experience after eating an off egg or two on top of a very stressed day. At first, my digestion stopped. Then I started becoming nauseous. After putting vomitting off for a few hours, I realized that if I wanted to get well soon, I had to get rid of all the undigested and hazardous food.
Without going into too much detail, I got rid of all the offensive undigested food and felt better immediately, however, I still had some lingering nausea for the rest of the evening.
However, when I woke up the next day my tongue was thick white as you can see on the left. That usually indicates fungal overgrowth and is what usually occurs after food poisoning or after some digestive upset.
The pic on the right was right after waking 8 days later. As some of you might know, usually after an overnight fast, it’s common to have some white on the tongue. I woke up with a perfectly clear tongue and I didn’t brush my teeth or scrape my tongue before taking that pic. My tongue also stayed that way ever since (after stopping the stack after using it for only 8 days) as that’s how it was before this bad experience. So this is just to show that this stack works amazingly well.
Undigested food and stomach issues
As a lot of you may know, I focus a big deal on optimizing digestion (that’s why I created the Alpha Energy Nutrition Course), since poor digestion can lead to chronic low-grade inflammation and all kinds of disorders, ranging from diabetes, obesity, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, hypogonadism, mental disorders, prostatitis, IBS, colitis, etc.
Undigested food particles that reach the colon can contribute to SIBO, SIFO (small intestinal fungal overgrowth) and gut dysbiosis. This leads to oxidative stress, a drop in intestinal energy levels (and intestinal integrity), slow transit time, inflammation, and heaps of problems.
Once you’re in the hole of gut issues, which inhibits proper thyroid function, then digestion, absorption and transit time are further impaired, leading to even more issues.
So the faster you can get out if it, the better.
How I fixed it
I used a stack combination that has gut-healing and re-energizing, inflammation-reducing, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties.
Here’s what I used:
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seed powder in the morning (antibacterial, anti-fungal, helps to re-energize the intestine, lowers inflammation, etc.) (article on black cumin)
- Flowers of sulfur – roughly a large pinch (potent anti-fungal and anti-parasitic)
- 400mg camphor (anti-fungal)
- 2g sodium salicylate (anti-inflammatory and helps to positively modulate gut bacteria (article))
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, promotes transit time, positively modulates gut bacteria (R), has pro-thyroid effects, is a great source of energy, etc.)
- 1 tsp Triphala (lowers intestinal inflammation and help regenerate the intestine)
- 2g inosine (is great against inflammation and protects against endotoxin-induced inflammation. It’s also very helpful for reversing leaky gut.)
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut with 5 drops each of thyme and rosemary EO dripped on it (EOs are anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, etc.)
- 500mg niacinamide (helps to re-energize the intestine)
- 300mg vitamin B1
- 100mg vitamin B2 (positively modulates gut bacteria, antagonizes toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4; the endotoxin receptor)) and protects against colonic inflammation)
I know it’s quite the stack, but that’s what I had at hand, so I just threw what I had at it and it worked great.
The Alpha Energy Nutrition Course is dedicated to showing you what’s needed to keep the gut clean, heal leaky gut, which foods are non-inflammatory and which can help against gut inflammation, how to structure your diet and so much more.
5 of the latest reviews
Love the newsletter and all the community work you do. Just gave the newsletter 5 🤩 !
Amazing newsletter from an all round great guy.
I first came across Hans a few years ago on the raypeatforums where he posted excellent threads and was very helpful to all who requested his advice. Since then he has helped me directly through paid coaching and email advice. Hans was totally understandable and more than patient in helping me through my long term issues at a time when I was struggling in general. Since then things have improved a lot but nevertheless Hans has only been an email away for all manner of topics. He has answered questions and given his advice countless times at no cost and I am so grateful for this. If you are looking for someone to improve your health in any way combined with a patient and caring disposition I dont think you will find anyone as good as Hans at such reasonable prices worldwide. He is truly one in a million
Best newsletter i know
No kidding, i think it’s the best Newsletter I’ve ever received.
Once a week with interesting topics, it makes me looking forward to getting it in my mail. Also noteworthy is that Hans is very fast at answering mails in genereal.
Brilliant newsletter, still the most sane balance of technical information relevant to daily life plus humor, and a bit of philosophy to stimulate our human progress. Hans, I find that the effort you put into this page becomes my own workout just to process and apply it fully. Thanks man.
Hans provides a lot of good useful health info gleaned from his penetrating, intelligent research.