The coronavirus could induce testicular damage. Here’s how to make sure that doesn’t happen.
Iodine is used by the thyroid to produce thyroid hormones and is actually used by other tissue as well. Only 80% of iodine is found in the thyroid, whereas the other 20% are found in other tissue such as salivary glands, gastric mucosa, the choroid plexus (brain), ciliary body of the eye, lacrimal gland, thymus, … Read more
How does your thyroid status affect your androgen levels? The thyroid produces two hormones, namely T4 and T3. T4 is converted to T3 via the deiodinases enzyme and T4 levels are always higher than T3 levels. T4 is just considered as a pro-hormone, as it’s converted to T3, which is the active hormone. T3 binds with … Read more
Manganese (Mn), named after the Greek word for “magic,” is one of 14 essential elements. Mn is found in all tissues in the body where it is required for normal amino acid, lipid, protein, carbohydrate metabolism and ATP generation. Mn also participates in blood clotting (assisting in keeping the blood the right viscosity), sugar homeostasis (stable … Read more